Sunday, July 26, 2009

Amir Hafizi Pays Tribute To Yasmin Ahmad

Amir Hafizi is the nephew of Prime Minister Datuk Seri Muhammad Najib Abdul Razak and he is from Kuantan, Pahang.

He is a writer and producer.

He is a dear friend of the late, great Mother of Malaysian Unity Yasmin Ahmad.

He is also my ex-colleague and a dear friend of Mr Universe Zainal Alam Kadir.



My dear friend Yasmin Ahmad is no more.

She left us peacefully after passing out in her chair at a meeting in TV3 last week.

TV3 got her to the nearest hospital but she never awoke.

I'm gonna miss her greatly.

No words can describe how much she meant to me.

We used to have long chats, as she does with lots of people.

She liked artsy movies, as did I.

She was all for 1 Malaysia, like my uncle and I.

She made movies that touched many people.

And these movies always entertained and inspired me.

But unlike me, she was annoyingly positive and cheerful, no matter what people said.

Yasmin was always modest. She always said she was just like everyone of us. I loved her for her honesty and sincerity.

She wanted to be remembered as a storyteller, who brought joy and happiness to everyone, and made a difference in their lives.

And she went, never compromising on her philosophy, that we must love and love.

Cheers, Yasmin. Thanks for showing us the light you believe in.

See you when we get there.